I was browsing blogs the other day and stumbled upon a blog that belongs to a woman whose husband had an affair. In one of her posts… the ‘other woman’ was described in a negative light. Which got me thinking… (disclaimer! the thoughts below are MY thoughts that I had after reading her post, I am in no way attributing the words below as being hers…)
- Is it truly fair that people tend to lump the ‘other woman’ into one category?
- Is it fair to assume that the ‘other woman’ MUST be a husband stealing, awful, lying bitch?
- Is it fair to think that once a woman becomes the ‘other woman’… she can never again be truly trusted?
- Is it true that a woman is more responsible for having an affair than a man is (even if she is the one who is single, she is the one who didn’t betray vows made etc…) – simply because she is a woman and doesn’t tend to be led by sexual urges?
- Do people tend to blame the ‘other woman’, more than the man? If so, why?
- Are there any circumstances where being the ‘other woman’ can actually improve someone else’s marriage, even though the wife may be unaware of the true reason why?
- If a single friend of yours… revealed to you that she was having an affair with a married man – would that change your opinion of her in a negative way?
Curious minds… want to know!!!